Thursday, August 25, 2011

Title: Album reviews; Untrue, by burial



Body: Maybe due to lack of exposure I hear all news from the first song to the last have some difficulties to some of the new generation of music. This can be partially explained I think digital downloads by the transfer of physical albums. Last I knew (for all I knew), Radiohead was the only band, create albums in the old school sense, collections of music that clearly with an ear towards cohesion, a larger story about the individual songs was produced.


GA_googleFillSlotWithSize (HELAD_publishercode, "articleatfmiddlearticle300x250", 300, 250); Not that this is the only way that together a catalogue of music, only that it is what I get the most from, on the interaction between the songs that get resonant breaks between them. Some recent(ish) examples of what I felt me like to complete, will be fully redeemed, albums mezzanine of massive attack and would be Kid A by Radiohead. And then there are of course always the classic dark side of the Moon or Abbey Road of the Beatles like Pink Floyd.


To think, music at full albums as I was ceasing, came from somewhere in the United Kingdom burial and Untrue. I love this album, especially because it's an album as a whole, not a collection of separate, taste of the minute each. Even though a few songs as singles, I rarely hear one of these songs individually: without title intro, a certain scene from Blade Runner brought immediately to my eye, the smoldering end of Dubstep album flows together as a novel by William Gibson: mysterious, familiar, old and new.


Fans of massive attack, DJ Shadow, and Ror-Shak will enjoy the Moody landscape of Untrue, but I suspect that the burial of an artist, who is to gain a whole new audience for electronic music. The bass drum is not in the head, and the small tap headache is not you. It's like a u-Bahn club DJ set listen to resonate between buildings, streets, and against the clouds on a midnight hot, hazy in July.


No comments:

Post a Comment